Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My first experience using Android



I am not that kind of person who obsesses with the gadget. Somewhere in May 2011, I was impressed with what I was reading about Galaxy Note 1 (plus influence by my best friend) and its big screen. So I decided to give android a chance on a phone and bought one. After using the Note 1 exclusively for a couple of weeks, I am convinced it is the best smart phone I have ever used. It is good it has changed the way I use my other mobile phone.




                                                                Source: Google Image


When I state that the Note 1 is the best phone I have used I'm not saying that Android is better than other mobile platforms. I don't believe that there is a best platform. Some folks will find Windows Phone to be best for them. Others will like iOS and some will even find BlackBerry 10 to be just the right platform to meet their needs. What I want to make clear is the total package, both hardware and software, is what makes the Note 1 work so well for me. The big display presents enough information at one time to make the Note 1 worth the trouble a larger phone creates. The software that Samsung has put together for the Note 1 is useful for the things I do. But, the only thing is the battery life is not long enough to get me through even the half day of use. The whole thing works together so well, and that's what makes the Note 1 so good for me.

Besides that, I always carried one of the tablets because I hate to waste spare time that crops up when running typical errands. Unexpected delays would see me pull the tablet out to read a book or go online to see what was happening. This happened often enough to guarantee the bag always went 
with me.

                                                                   Source: Google Image





That's not the case since buying the Note 1. While I still prefer the small tablet to do those things I mentioned, the Note 1 is almost as useful doing them. This is why I now only put the Note 1 in my pocket when I head out for these outings. When I pull it out of my pocket it is good enough to be enjoyable doing the things I typically do. It's great not having to keep up with a bag when I'm running around like this. I never felt carrying the bag was a hassle, but now that I leave it at home I realize it is so much easier just having the phone. I still use the tablets all the time; I throw one in the bag when I'm running around for work. What getting the Note 1 has proven to me is it is good enough in a pinch to replace that small tablet. It's not quite as useful but it's close enough to step in admirably. I don't feel I'm giving up capability when I use the Note 1 instead of the tablet, and that's a big thing. I'm not about to say the Note 1 will completely replace a small tablet for me. I don't believe that it will. But it's still surprising to me how well it fills in when needed, and that's changed for the better the way I do some things. That's a very big deal to me.























No comments:

Post a Comment