Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My First Social Network Account


As I can recall somewhere in 2002, most of my friends have their own social media account. At that time most of them prefer having Friendster account. My first ever social media account was MySpace. Why MySpace? One time I recalled my best friend telling me she also had MySpace account. Because I am bit of a loner or anti-social, not wanting to join my acquaintances in Friendster yet, that’s it. Besides, I perceived MySpace to be way cooler than Friendster. 





                               Source: Google Image

MySpace profile It was early 2003 then, so ignorant on how social networking works, and so stupid and immature, lacking proper online etiquette. But it did not matter to me. Like many others, I was excited. It was not that difficult to learn how MySpace works. Sending friend requests, messaging, posting, blogging and viewing other people’s profiles and photos. Sending friend requests to new friend? I did not feel stupid then doing that. I know this is nothing to be ashamed of. Many people do send requests to people whom they are never acquainted with, let alone having one mutual friend between them. Moreover, guys would like to meet with ladies online.




                                       Source: Google Image

Up to date, I have about 355 friends, a great plurality of them are ladies who accepted my requests. However, there was minimal or almost no communication with them. What was the motivation of sending the requests? The reason being I wanted to have an experience having online friends. It does not meant that I don’t have any friend, but I just thought that having friends via online easy for you to share your problem without meet them face to face. I was enjoyed having MySpace account until one day, when I open my account, I cannot access anymore. I told to my friend, and they mentioned that someone had hacked my MySpace account. Due to that I never sign up to any of social media network until Facebook has been launch and now I only have Facebook account as a platform for me to stay in touch with my old friends.

1 comment: